“I’ve just invented a super-easy recipe for broccoli” read the email which popped up encouragingly amid all the other junk mail, company politics, and linkedin connection demands appearing in my inbox.
“It goes extremely well with your escalope of veal recipe” – the writer was talking about the one described on this post.
The creative brains behind the new technique specified using Tenderstem broccoli, otherwise known as broccolini – for more on that follow this link. The reason it works so well is that by using nut oil, you bring out the nuttiness of the vegetable.
Recipe for Domini’s super-easy broccolini
You’ll need several spears, about 80g/3 oz per person.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put Tenderstem broccoli on an oiled baking tray
- Generously pour over some walnut oil (or other nut oil).
- Lightly salt and sprinkle with whole cumin seeds.
- Toss and bake for ten minutes.