Yes indeedy, this cauliflower pasta includes a generous measure of garlic
- 2 x small cauliflowers
- 4 x cloves crushed garlic
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 800g/1lb 12 oz penne
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 200g/8 oz/2 cups grated parmesan
- 2 sausages, cut out of their skins (leave out for vegetarians, you could add some pine nuts instead)
- 450g/1 cup runny yoghurt (1 large pot)
- nutmeg (if you have a useless nutmeg grinder follow this link… you’ll thank me later!)
- fresh ground long pepper; salt
- olive oil
- pre-heat the oven to 200°C, and put plates in to warm
- put water on to boil, prepare to cook pasta in usual way, according to the packet.
- season yoghurt with nutmeg and pepper and warm VERY gently (put in aga warming oven) – it just needs to be warm enough not to cool down the pasta
- divide cauliflowers into VERY SMALL florets.
- mix with garlic, breadcrumbs, a couple of tablespoons of oil, a couple of tablespoons of parmesan, and the crumbled sausagemeat.
- put in a roasting tin and roast in roasting oven for about ten minutes, checking after five. NB do not boil cauliflower, it so easily goes soggy. Also, it doesn’t freeze.
- serve with the parsley scattered over, and the rest of the parmesan.
© 2014 Saucy Dressings