- 1 x Savoy cabbage, shredded
- 3 tbsp rape seed oil
- 6 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed with a little smoked salt
- smoked salt
- Tellicherry pepper
- toss the chicken and rabbit in the seasoned flour
- heat about half the oil in a casserole, add meat, fry, browning on all sides. remove
- add remaining oil and onion and fry until soft.
- add about three tbsp of what remains of the flour you used to coat the meat and fry for about a minute
- add the cider and stock slowly to make a thick sauce. if it gets lumpy smooth it out with a cappuccino whisk (the Ozeri is a good one)
- simmer (in simmering oven if you have an aga) for about forty minutes.
- heat oven to 200°C
- stir in cream and tarragon, and season.
- add prawns
- put into pie dish (the vertical oval type, not the flat round type) surrounding a pastry bird (or an egg cup if you don’t have one)
- roll out pastry, making to odd fish or rabbit shape if you feel artistic with any left over
- make a couple of slits in the pastry, and glaze with the milk and some smoked salt crystals
- bake (in the roasting oven) about 25 minutes until golden
14. in a wok, fry the garlic for not longer than a minute, add the cabbage and the sesame seeds
15. fry for a further five minutes, stirring every now and then (to ensure that neither the garlic nor the seeds burn)
16. add the seasoning, taste, and serve with the pie
© saucy dressings 2014